If you’re hoping to get pregnant, it can be a frustrating and emotional journey. While there’s no magic pill to guarantee success, there are some practical things you can do to boost your fertility. Here are ten fertility boosting tips that are equal parts helpful and humorous:
- Eat your veggies, but don’t forget the bacon! A healthy, balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits, veggies, whole grains, and lean protein is key, but a little bacon or other healthy fats won’t hurt either.
- Keep your weight in check, but don’t obsess over the scale. Being underweight or overweight can interfere with ovulation, so aim for a healthy weight and don’t stress too much about the numbers.
- Quit smoking, or at least cut back. Smoking can cause infertility and increase the risk of miscarriage and other complications. Plus, it stinks.
- Drink in moderation, but don’t be a party pooper. Too much alcohol can decrease fertility in both men and women, but a glass of wine or beer every now and then won’t hurt.
- Chill out, but don’t become a couch potato. Stress can interfere with ovulation, so find ways to manage stress like exercise, meditation, or Netflix binges.
- Get some Zzzs, but don’t hibernate. Lack of sleep can affect hormone levels and disrupt ovulation, so aim for 7-9 hours a night but don’t let sleep become your only hobby.
- Pop a prenatal vitamin, but don’t forget to eat real food too. A prenatal vitamin that includes folic acid can help reduce the risk of birth defects, but it’s not a substitute for a healthy diet.
- Have sex often, but don’t make it a chore. Regular sex throughout your cycle can increase your chances of conceiving, but don’t turn it into a stressful routine.
- Use the right lube, but don’t get too excited. Some lubricants can interfere with sperm movement, so choose a fertility-friendly option. But remember, lube won’t magically make a baby appear.
- Don’t be afraid to seek help, but don’t give up hope. If you’ve been trying to conceive for a while without success, consider seeing a fertility specialist. But remember, there are many paths to parenthood, and not getting pregnant doesn’t mean you’re a failure.
So there you have it, ten fertility boosting tips that are both practical and a bit of fun. Just remember, getting pregnant can be a rollercoaster ride, so buckle up and enjoy the journey!